Charley Boorman’s Extreme Frontiers
Series 01 – Episode 01
Air Date: November 28, 2011
Air Time: 21:00
More Info | Website
Tonight’s the night
Charley Boorman’s Extreme Frontiers: Canada will air tonight at 9pm on Channel 5.
Join Charley as he wrestles with an iceberg, visit the major Titanic sites, ride motorcross in New Brunswick and diving in Fathom Five Marine Park.
This is one show from Charley, that I have been waiting for, for quite a while. I still would like to see him and Ewan McGreggor do another trip around the world on the bikes.
Pre-order the DVD from Amazon
Pre-order the Book from Amazon
Charley travels across Canada with his BMW R 1200 GS Adventure in a new four-part series.
The show follows Charley’s epic 10,300 mile journey across Canada, the world’s second largest country. Travelling principally on a BMW R 1200 GS Adventure, the series sees Charley and his producer/director Russ Malkin exploring all ten Canadian Provinces from East to West. Along the way, they visit three oceans and stopping off at many famous landmarks and areas of natural beauty, revealing a unique insight into the beautiful country.
Highlights of Charley Boorman’s Extreme Frontiers include:
- Hunting for icebergs off the coast of Newfoundland
- Dirt biking in New Brunswick
- Wreck Diving in one of the second largest of the great lakes, Lake Huron in Ontario
- Climbing 8,000 m peak Mount Fable in Alberta.
- Experiencing the world famous Calgary Stampede opening parade in Alberta
- Learning how the indigenous Tuk community survive in the Arctic circle
- Flying over the Coastal Mountain Range in a glider in British Columbia
- Heli-biking in British Columbia
- Finishing the trip with a huge motorcycle convoy across Vancouver Island into Torfino
Update – Catch Up on episodes you’ve missed at Channel5.com On Demand Service:
Series 1 – Episode 04 Air Date: 21:00 December 19, 2011
Series 1 – Episode 4
Charley completes his Canadian campaign at the Pacific coast and a trip to a goldmine.
Available until 20:00 December 18, 2012
Series 1 – Episode 03 Air Date: 21:00 December 12, 2011
Charley and his crew attempt to climb to the top of the Rocky Mountains infamous Mount Fable.
Available until 21:00 December 11, 2012
Series 1 – Episode 02 Air Date: 21:00 December 05, 2011
Charley endures a rough ride at a rodeo and gets his head down at Canada’s most haunted hotel.
Available until 21:00 December 04 2012
Series 1 – Episode 01 Air Date: 21:00 November 28, 2011
Charley joins a daredevil group of dirt-bike riders through a dangerous Canadian forest.
Available until 21:00 November 27, 2012